New at Valley Center Veterinary Clinic: Essential Oils For Pets
We are excited to announce the arrival of essential oils to our animal hospital! Our goal is to provide the very best care for your beloved pets at our veterinary clinic, and we feel that this natural yet powerful treatment option will be an extremely effective addition to managing various conditions and illnesses. We have done extensive research and have selected the highest quality therapeutic grade essential oils for dogs and cats to help with a variety of conditions. Essential oils for pets may be used as a first-line treatment for some conditions, or may be used in combination with traditional prescription medication in order to give your pet the highest chance of success to become well.
At this time, we are equipped to use essential oils as a natural way to help with:
- Gastro-intestinal problems (pancreatitis, vomiting, diarrhea, acid reflux, hairballs, appetite stimulant, constipation, gastric ulcers, recurrent parasitic infections)
- Stress/anxiety (including car sickness, loud noises, separation, travel, excessive licking)
- Urinating outside of the litterbox
- Arthritis and pain control
- Asthma/Bronchitis/Upper respiratory infections
- Bladder conditions
- Fungal or bacterial infections
- More to come!
While our vet clinic might recommend some essential oils for your pet, please do not use essential oils on your pets without the guidance of a veterinarian that is familiar with them, as some can actually be toxic if improperly used. We have studied and gathered the most current information in order to learn the safest way to administer essential oils to your pets. If you are interested in consulting with one of our trained veterinarians in regard to using essential oils for dogs or cats, please call (760) 749-0560 or fill out a contact form to make an appointment today.